Saturday, November 10, 2007

Some More Carnies

So I did a drawing of two of my Carnies in Photoshop tonight, and I guess it turned out...okay...but it wasn't good enough to merit its own post, so I'm going to post the redesigns I did in my sketchbook the other day. There are only four of them on this page, but I'll work on the other people later. These guys might be my favorites except for The Fat Man. Who knows why I chose to do him over The Ring Master or Jeffrey The Bearded Lady.

So there they are, and here is the image I did tonight:

The Showgirl gets more haggard every single time I do her. I don't know why that is, but I like her more each time, I think. She needs to be skinnier than this though, because I want her to have that drugged out skinny look. The stupid Twins were almost bad enough to where I didn't want to post this, but I skewed them and they look...somewhat better. They're kind of flat and stuff, but I guess I don't care right now. It got to the point where I didn't even bother to be very careful when coloring them. Those aren't the characters' real colors, by the way, I was just foolin' 'round.

I'm quickly learning that I prefer drawing by hand much more than drawing on the Wacom. Everything I do on there is a little off to the point where I find it really distracting. I think if I could learn to somehow do crisper lines that looked less like sketches, I would appreciate it more. I really need to learn Illustrator.

My favorite book is One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Dude you posted like...RIGHT as I went to bed.

I love your stuff, as always. Those twins are AWESOME!

And I feel like I'm a lot better at drawing in pencil than at drawing on the computer, too. Meh. Well, too bad for me, because it's faster to animate and clean things up on the computer.

Victor said...

I think you should use that color scheme from the last drawing. I like it a lot.